For the last few months we have been running a photo competition to celebrate the joy of hearing, asking our clients to send in photos of anything that illustrates their “Help in Hearing” . We are delighted to announce that the winners have now been independently chosen by Signia who donated the Goose & Berry hampers.
In first place winning a luxury hamper is Leslie Willner seen here with our audiologist Selma presenting her prize hamper:
“Time is suspended as I gaze at the lake – its ever-changing appearance, according to the weather and the time of day – and listen to the urgent calls from the water and an incredible chorus of birdsong. Then I pause and wonder: How much of this wild music would be lost to me without ‘Help in Hearing’”. Leslie Willner
Taking the second place prize of a smaller hamper Ron Baker, seen here with our audiologist Wendy:
“Thanks to my aids supplied by Help in Hearing, I heard the young chicks in the nest BEFORE the parent bird came to feed them!” Ron Baker
Here are some of the other wonderful entries (their captions featured below):
- “This photo makes me so Happy as I can Now hear the Robin sing. He comes to be by my side every time that I am in the garden”. Yvonne Cooke
- “I laughed at my surprise when the card suddenly lit up and played Pharrell Willams’ ‘happy’ song”. Shirley Talmadge
- “I am so grateful that I still am able to hear – I love to sing and as part of the best choir in the world”. Tracey Keilty
- “Having hearing aids enables me to hear my granddaughter laughing and the sound of the waves!” Sheila Baker
- “Being able to hear my two dogs”. Caroline Petre.
- “Our tame robin who calls for his ‘mealworm breakfast’ every day. I could never hear the sound before but now can”. Mike Hart
- “Thanks to my hearing aids I can enjoy the sounds on my daughter’s farm. This is my grandson ploughing the field in his tractor”. Jeannette Ferguson
- When I return home to Snowdonia, I love to sit quietly on a stone wall in the mountains and listen to the ‘Screams of Silence’. They in turn allow me to hear the distant bleating of a sheep and her lamb, the call of the curlew up above and the trickling water of a nearby stream.’ Then I return to the to the ‘Screams of Silence’ and wait …… Carys Dosser
The Joy of Hearing
We have had some fabulous examples of sounds that would be missed without hearing being helped. Whether it’s listening to birds singing, laughter, a symphony, ocean waves, or a child’s first words, hearing keeps us engaged and connected to the world around us. According to AARP**, optimism and a positive outlook add 7.5 years to our life and an 80% reduction in cardiovascular risk.
** source: Disrupt Aging, AARP.org
My ”Help in Hearing Photo Competition” 2021 Terms & Condition
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted by August 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any attempted entries received after that date will not be accepted.
- Our competition is free to enter. By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4.The prize is the featured Hamper provided by Goose & Berry, with a runners up prize of a smaller Hamper.
- The competition is open to all Help in Hearing clients, both hearing aid wearers and earcare wax removal. Employees of Help in Hearing, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the competition are not allowed to enter.6
- More than one “entry” per person is permitted. There is only one winner and one runners-up.
- A winner will be chosen by a representative of Signia, who are sponsoring the prizes within 48 hours of the closing date.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone and an appointment will be made to present the prize in one of our practices. If the prize is not taken up within 2 weeks of being chosen, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and Signia will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize is non-exchangeable for anything else and non-transferable.
- There is no cash alternative offered.
- The decision of Signia with Help in Hearing regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Help in Hearing reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Help in Hearing, and its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize. Statutory rights are however not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- Help in Hearing is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with our data protection policy which is available to view on our website: helpinhearing.co.uk/data-protection-obligations-gdpr-legislation/
- By submitting photos to the competition, you are agreeing that they can be featured on our website, in social media and our electronic communication to clients. They may also be put up in the wall of our practices.